Leadership Simpsonville opens doors for local business men and women with the desire and ability to shape the future of our vibrant community. Through face-to-face meetings with city, county, and state leaders and on-site visits to local institutions, agencies, and organizations, participants explore the major issues and unique challenges facing the Simpsonville area.
Leadership Simpsonville is offered through the Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce to any interested individual who lives or works in Simpsonville. Both Chamber members and non-members are invited to participate. Monthly meetings kick off with a mandatory Orientation Session in May 2017 and run until March 2018. The group will be recognized with a graduation ceremony at the Chamber’s Annual Banquet.
This dynamic program supports the development of corporate and community leaders by:
- Introducing participants to the various aspects of developing and maintaining a vibrant community,
- Establishing dialogue with a wide range of community leaders,
- Encouraging engagement in activities which contribute to the betterment of the community,
- Providing employers with a source of knowledgeable and trained leaders who will have a positive impact on the business community.
The selection committee looks for applicants who:
- Demonstrate a passion for their community as evidenced by active involvement,
- Possess a record of achievement in community and civic activities, indicating past and future leadership ability,
- Possess high standards of personal quality and integrity,
- Show a dedication to commit the time required for the program, and
- If employed, have the endorsement of their employers or some indication the employer would not object to their taking time from work to participate in the program.
Application & Tuition Deadlines
2018 Program Applications will be available no later than February 1st.
Early Bird Deadline – February 29, 2018
Applicants may receive a 10% discount on tuition if their completed application is submitted by 4:00pm on February 29th (including the letters of recommendation).
Final Application Deadline – March 30, 2018
All application materials must be submitted by 1:00pm on March 30th.
Acceptance Decisions – April 6, 2018
Notices no later than April 6th.
Tuition Due Date – April 20, 2018
Tuition must be paid in full or a payment plan must be confirmed by April 20th. Payment plans require a 50% deposit by April 20th with the balance due on May 31st.
The Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications. Application packages are considered complete when they include the three-page application from this packet, applicant’s headshot, resume, two letters of recommendation, and the $25 application fee payment. The scholarship application is optional.
Other Important Program Dates
A two-day Orientation Session will be held on May 7th and 8th. Activities on May 7th will begin after lunchtime. Activities on May8th will begin in the morning and last the entire day.
Monthly Class Sessions
Monthly meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of each month. Plan for all monthly meetings to begin at 8:30am and end at 5:00pm unless otherwise noted. The tentative schedule at this time is as follows:
June 5th, 2018
September 4th, 2018
December 4th, 2018
No July Meeting
October 2nd, 2018
January 8th, 2019
August 7th, 2018
November 6th, 2018
February 5th, 2019
*The January date is a week later than usual to accommodate the New Years Day holiday.
The 2018 Leadership Simpsonville class graduation ceremony will be held during the Chamber’s Annual Celebration in March 2019. The date will be shared as early as possible.