What is Leadership Golden Strip?
Leadership Golden Strip is a collaborative effort between the Fountain Inn, Greater Mauldin, and Simpsonville Area Chambers of Commerce. Members from the entire Golden Strip community are invited to apply for this dynamic program, designed to develop and retain a knowledgeable, engaged workforce.
Leadership Golden Strip opens doors for individuals with the desire and ability to shape the future of our vibrant communities. Through face-to-face meetings with city, county, and state leaders and on-site visits to local institutions, agencies, and organizations, participants explore the major issues and unique challenges facing the Golden Strip area.
Leadership Golden Strip is offered to any interested individual who lives or works in the area. Both Chamber members and non-members are eligible to participate. Monthly meetings kick off with a mandatory Orientation Session in August 2019 and conclude in the late spring of 2020. The group will be recognized with a formal graduation ceremony.
This dynamic program supports the development of corporate and community leaders by:
- Introducing participants to aspects of developing and maintaining a vibrant community,
- Establishing dialogue with a wide range of community leaders,
- Encouraging engagement in activities which contribute to the betterment of the community,
- Providing employers with a source of knowledgeable and trained leaders who will have a positive impact on the business community.
The selection committee looks for applicants who:
- Demonstrate a passion for their community as evidenced by active involvement,
- Possess a record of achievement in community and civic activities, indicating a desire to lead,
- Possess high standards of personal quality and integrity,
- Show a dedication to commit the time required for the program, and
- If employed, have the endorsement of their employers or some indication the employer would not object to their taking time from work to participate in the program.
Monthly Class Sessions:
Monthly sessions will be held on the second Wednesday of each month starting in August. Class 2 program dates can be found in the Applicant Information Packet. Each month’s session is dedicated to a particular topic. Over the course of the program, the following topics will be covered:
- Leadership & Team Building
- Art & History
- Local Government & Public Safety
- Infrastructure & Technology
- Education & Workforce Development
- Healthcare & Human Services
- Communications & Branding
- State Government
LGS Class 2 Application Deadlines:
All applications are due by August 9, 2019. Applications submitted by May 31, 2019 will be eligible for the Early Bird Tuition rate. Acceptance decisions/notifications will be made on a rolling basis; all applicants will receive notification no later than August 9, 2019.
Tuition for this annual program is $750. Early applicants will be eligible for the Early Bird Tuition Rate of $600. Additionally, an application fee of $25 will be invoiced when the application is submitted. Tuition and fees must be paid in full or a payment plan must be confirmed by August 9th. Payment plans require a 50% deposit by August 9 with the balance due on September 30.
Class 2 Application Process
The LGS Class 2 application shall be completed online. Incomplete or paper applications will not be considered. The application includes questions about applicants' current employment, education and certifications, and program and career goals. Applicants are also required to upload a current resume.
Applicants should download and read the Applicant Information Packet in its entirety before accessing the application.
Download the Applicant Information Packet here or contact your primary Chamber to request the file.